2019-01-14 : Patch 22.214.171.124
Core & Misc
- Added support for Discord RPC, on Windows.
- Added full dedicated server support for Linux!
- Major performance & network optimizations + refactoring.
- The Item Creator tool is now available to the public!
- NPCs & Player Models will no longer twitch randomly and uncontrollably, thanks to a fix provided here
- buildcubemaps will no longer cause the game to enter a deadlock.
- Applied a simple fix for the FMOD mute logic, whenever a new sound would play, the volume would not be set to 0, if mute was enabled. So for a brief second you would hear tiny high pitch noises every time a new sound was being played.
- Added graceful termination for Linux DS, using a proper signal handler.
- All gameservers will now set -nohltv by default, to prevent hltv from taking up an unnecessary port for each server.
- Fixed a race condition which would occur when a client connected to a server, the client would execute a ClientCMD on another thread, while already executing other ClientCMDs on another thread!
- Added new localization files, gamemisc_english and gamedata_english. The first one is used for map localization, while the second one is used for all item localization, automated through the ItemCreator tool.
- Reverted to 66 tickrate for local test servers, dedicated servers use 33 tick by default.
- Improved debugging for the master & gameserver + RakNet debugging. Using the sv_debug_raknet cvar.
- Removed a lot of legacy code and content.
- Boss Corpses and Treasure Chests will not despawn in dungeons!
- Fixed some strange exceptions related to item equipping, in some cases where you would unequip, re-equip, swap items, it would crash when storing the changes to MySQL.
- Fixed bad quantity removal, some items would have their quantities decreased twice.
- Added proper password support.
- Added an online client list, so we don't have to iterate through too many players in the long run, when we don't care about offline users.
- Player names are being properly hashed, so that we can do lookup by name faster, for instance when adding a friend, inviting someone by name, etc...
- Optimized many calls to use the new online client list, rather than checking through a much larger list, when we only care about online users.
- Fixed sorting issues if the data had to be sorted using an integer greater than 32-bits.
- Improved speed of sorting algorithms used.
- Gameservers will not send any data before they have been successfully registered @ master.
- Added interaction dialogue messages, which will be triggered if you were unable to interact with an NPC.
- Non-BaseCreature NPCs will now be fully immortal, NPCs like Seagulls, Crows, etc...
- NPCs will now use proper pathfinding when trying to flee from an enemy.
- NPC names are now being localized.
- NPC Auto-Spawner will use a smaller HULL when checking whether or not an NPC can be respawned in its original position, checking for free space.
- Fish NPCs will panic whenever someone dies near them.
- NPCs will fade-in on spawn. NPCs can also be faded-out before being killed, corpses will also fade-out.
- Corpses will fade-out.
- Optimized NPCs network vars, to save as many bits as possible...
- If an NPC is returning to spawn, other NPCs will ignore this NPC, even if they are enemies.
- Added InputPrintDialogue input, which can be used to print dialogue to nearby players.
- Improved NPC Squads to properly communicate whenever an NPC needs help, for example when an NPC wants to flee, the NPC will run to a nearby ally, and return with aid.
- You can set if an NPC should notify all of its squad members regardless of distance, when being attacked. Defaults to distance based, if you engage with an NPC in a squad, the NPC will tell its squad mates to come help.
- NPCs can now use ranged weapons, and will prioritize ranged weapons over melee whenever possible.
- NPCs will notify other allies whenever they took damage from an NPC or Player.
- Added TypeOverride for npc_static, so that a dialogue based NPC can still be used as a banker NPC for example.
- Improved AI when in a dungeon, NPCs will chase enemies forever if in a dungeon.
- Made some minor changes to how factions work for NPCs, NPCs that have a relationship ID will become your enemy if you have less than 0 reputation for that repID, only if this NPC is set as an ally for that relationship ID, otherwise neutral.
- Added massive changes to the AI Spellcast Behavior, NPCs can now cast projectiles, spell objects, AOE spells, healing spells, heal allies, any melee/ranged spells, etc... Plus they will now use a proper cooldown system! And play the appropriate spell sounds.
- Thanks to the new Spellcast Behavior changes, NPCs will select their spells more wisely, prioritizing magic whenever possible.
- Fixed NPCs assuming that every Main Hand slot weapon was a 2H weapon.
- Added NPC Escort functionality, simply do StartEscort, the activator must be a player if you want to progress a potential quest related to the escort. This new feature will allow mappers to make quests where you have to either protect or escort some NPC.
- If an NPC is following a patrol route, OnPass will be fired for each node reached, if using path_corner, or path_corner_crash.
- NPCs will regen health more rapidly when not in combat.
- Added KillFade Input, can be used when you want to kill the NPC but want the NPC to fade-out first, won't spawn a corpse! (client-side fade)
- NPCs can now dual wield properly.
- Fixed NPC engaged idle anims, they should play properly now when an NPC is in combat.
- In Hammer you can set if an NPC can Flee or not, set the blood color/type and the hull type/size.
- Setting the Long Range/Distance Shoot flag for NPCs will no longer break their AI, previously this flag would give their weapons infinite range, so they wouldn't bother moving.
- Added support for patrol interruption strictness, you can set if the npc should care to engage in combat, or only if blocked, etc...
- NPCs max armor has been set to 2000.
- Added new dropchance calculation logic, it should be more randomized now.
- Added 'master' support for checkpoint entities, to prevent people from spawning in (0,0,0) if no checkpoint was available.
- Soundscapes now work properly for Linux systems.
- Soundscapes are now fully client-side, rather than using the server to figure out for each player which soundscape they should trigger, this is now done per-local-player-locally! Simply by checking if you're within any of the defined soundscapes. See func_soundscape, func_soundscape_simple, func_soundscape_area for more.
- You can also define a default soundscape for your map through the map properties, if you want to trigger this particular soundscape no matter what, when no other soundscape is available/nearby.
- Glow Outline Color is now fully client-side.
- Reworked client-side gib code.
- Added logic_npc_dialogue, which can be used to print NPC dialogue for a specific NPC even if that NPC is not in the actual map, if in a dungeon it will print to all players by default.
- point_viewcontrol will now apply to everyone in the map, can be used in dungeons for small cutscenes. These cutscenes can be interrupted locally by hitting the JUMP button.
- Added item_chest, a treasure chest, can be used to distribute secret/rare snacks. Works like regular looting, when looting a corpse.
- Spell Projectiles + Arrows now use a proper collision group, to prevent them from colliding with each other.
- Spell Projectiles should be removed properly now, previously the entity would linger, even for minutes after impact...
- Disabled blood decals from being emitted.
- Model particles have been fully fixed to work for Infestus, the model particles will also be properly purged whenever the model changes or the entity is removed. Also fixed a memory leak which would occur when parsing the particle keyvalues and not finding the particle or attachment itself, it would return prematurely.
- Spell Objects will now do proper damage impacts.
- Added universal input to toggle entity collision (ToggleCollision), can be used for doors, if you don't want the door to be affected by NPCs or players, simply disable its collision, this is also good for navmesh, since the door will block parts of the nav when opened.
- Added game_chat, similar to game_text, however this entity simply prints to the chat instead, no fancy effects.
- Added a new collision group which can be used for NPCs and Players when we fear they might be stuck or if they might get stuck, enabling this collision group will disable collision until there is space.
- Fixed a rare exploit which could be used by players to loot corpses that didn't belong to them.
- Added ProgressAll for logic_quest_progress, this can be used to progress a quest for everyone in a dungeon or in a group.
- Players & NPCs can now cast more complex spells.
- Added AFK Kick manager, the max AFK time depends on the map type, whether you are in the lobby, a dungeon or in the world.
- Added major fixes to the thirdperson camera, it now updates more smoothly with the world, little to no clipping through the world.
- Added thirdperson camera alpha changes when the camera zooms-in further than the minimum distance, making your player + armor + weapons transparent so that your view won't be fully obscured in this situation.
- You can no longer do camera free rotation while dead.
- Fixed cam collision while dead, should no longer clip through floor.
- Holding in free rotation before dying and not letting go until respawning would leave your character in a permanent free view mode, this has been fixed.
- Fixed issues related to trading, if you traded multiple items of the same ID, you would only trade one of these items successfully, meaning you'd lose the rest!
- Fixed ClientCommand/MasterBroadcast issues which could occur if you had a large ping and sent multiple commands within a short time period, this could result in the server processing the same stuff more than once, normally this is not a problem, but when you want to hand in a quest, you could've handed it in twice!
- Dormant armor and weapons will no longer do any thinking.
- Removed client-think for players, except for the local-player.
- Prevented a potential exploit which would allow a player to hand-in a quest to any NPC if certain conditions were met.
- Added a time-out feature for the dungeon loading screen, if you wait longer than 2 min, you will be disconnected from the dungeon, assuming it didn't start.
- Added a dungeon limit reply, if there is no dungeons available, you will be notified of this.
- Bots are now working properly, can be used for testing purposes, in a local game. Use RemoveAllTestBots to kick all bots from the game, if needed.
- Money is now being clamped properly to prevent it from going out of range.
- You can no longer halt your respawn timer by holding down any buttons.
- Fixed player death angle and animation, should no longer glitch up for players entering the PVS just after someone died, or for instance if you entered the game after someone recently died, stuff will be rendered correctly.
- Added support for ranged weapons.
- Whenever you attack with ranged weapons, your arrows will glow locally, to help you see the trajectory, especially in darker areas.
- Fixed a null-pointer crash in the footsteps code.
- Fixed a bug in the inventory and banking system, basically you could move an item onto another item, and not do a swap, if you didn't know that there was in fact an item already in that slot, if the master disconnected due to a crash you could move items onto other items, stacking them all in the same slot. When the master came back up, you'd suddenly have those items in one slot.
- You can no longer enter a dungeon when you are dead, observing, not fully connected or when in combat.
- Added a teleport sound which will play whenever a player is being teleported.
- Added missing JUMP animevent.
- Players will no longer play engaged animations when all weapons have been holstered.
- Combat State has been improved, you should no longer be plagued by 'You cannot do this while in combat' stuff, when you recently left combat.
GUI & HUD
- Fixed some minor issues related to the user search feature, some systems would not register the ENTER key, which would trigger the search itself, now it may trigger directly as you write.
- You can no longer swap equal items between bank and inventory, for now.
- You can now see your reputation state for each reputation, simply hover over the reputation value to see your standing.
- Fixed Quest Tracker HUD, sometimes the tracker HUD would report faulty values.
- Fixed invalid pointers being stored for some HUD elements.
- Added quest auto-tracking feature, which is triggered if you for example hand-in a quest, and then pickup a follow up quest which required the quest you just handed-in, this will auto track the new quest.
- You can no longer open any GUI menus in the lobby map.
- Fixed various HUD & GUI issues on Linux/OSX, the 2D Info HUD would only render the first letter of an NPC or Player name.
- Reworked the Item Tooltip logic, it is now rendered properly, more compact, and will clamp to the screen if it becomes too large.
- Misc/Ranged weapon will be rendered on the back, in the character preview screen, rather than in the left or right hand, which would be weird if you also had a main & off hand weapon equipped.
- Your ping and world number will now be rendered in the bottom right corner of the main menu, the amount of players online in all of the worlds combined will also be displayed there, plus other misc stuff.
- Fixed a horrible bug which would break the Item Tooltip rendering, if you had a low fps, lower than 25, the tooltip would flicker or not render at all, due to some inefficient visibility check that would not be called often enough if you had lower than 25 FPS.
- Item Tooltip will now display both negative and positive values for different stats.
- The mouse cursor will now be properly positioned in the middle of every GUI panel, however on Linux it may not center properly, yet.
- Experience bar and text will no longer be rendered at max level.
- Layout and update response times in the inventory GUI should be faster.
- Character Stats will now show negative values, if any. Plus the armor stat will show exactly how much damage reduction you will do for your level, and how much move speed + cast speed changes have been applied.
- User Search will now display how many results were found compared to the total online players active throughout the master itself. (all worlds)
- Clamped progress bars for XP, health and focus to stick between 0-1, in some cases the progress bars could've been rendered wrong if for some reason this fraction went out of range.
- Added a combat indicator, on your local character HUD in the top left corner, there will be a flashing red circle behind your character model.
- Item Tooltip sell price, Merchant Buyout Price, etc... now use the money icon instead of just plain text.
- You can no longer spam other players by inviting them continuously, which would reset their notification panel state every time. The same fix has been applied to the trading panel.
- Updated Quest Tracker title colors, when the quest is ongoing/not finished it will render in a cyan/brown color, if it is finished it will render as green, red if failed.
- Fixed character HUD being delayed slightly for the local user, due to waiting for the playerID to be set on the next frame.
- Made sure to set default values for the character preview debug cvars.
- Minimap will no longer go crazy/twitch when you die while allow rotation is enabled.
- Added an option to render minimap transparently, with no background or border image. If disabled, a black background will be rendered + the frame.
- 3D Info HUD (NPC Names & Corpse Names) can now be disabled through the options, you can also set the max amount of names to render at once, I've also made sure that any names that render at an angle greater than 90 from your view will not be rendered at all.
- Fixed potential crash in the loading screen GUI.
- Ban reason message should now appear correctly if you are disconnected from a server due to ban.
- Fixed potential buffer overflow issue in the chat system.
- Chat Channels have now been given unique colors, Global & Local uses the same color, Whisper/Private has its own color and Group chat has its own color.
- If an NPC or Corpse is fading in/out, 3D info and 2D info will not be rendered for this entity.
Weapons & Combat
- Improved melee hit detection further, also made sure that attacks will not affect enemies who are directed roughly greater than 75 degrees from the attack position, meaning you are fully safe when attacking someone from the behind.
- Equipping a new weapon while having a weapon drawn, will draw this weapon directly, assuming it was an off-hand or main-hand, while having melee drawn.
- Weapon data no longer cares about weapon pos and angle, the wielder model will have defined some necessary attachments, which have the predefined perfect position and angles instead.
- Weapon position & angle is now updated in realtime @ client, it has a much more accurate position than before, previously you could notice that the weapon did not always move perfectly with an NPCs or Players hand.
- Improved the Combat Log HUD to display damage reduced due to Armor, Resistances and Blocking, a simple damage report.
- Added Capital Outskirts Catacombs dungeon map. You can get extra rare loots if you complete the dungeon in less than 15 min! (HARD ~ bring 4 pals)
- Fixed flickering windows @ Cathedral in Capital Outskirts
Balancing & Item Data
- Changed how armor works, armor is now calculated using this formula: Level*Level + Level*11 + 65, this represents the max armor for the desired level, if you have max armor or more, you will reduce melee or ranged attacks by 65% if the opponent is equal to your level, otherwise you use the smallest level and check how much armor you can decrease against that level.
- Max Armor will slow you down by maximum 25%.
- Max Armor will slow your casting speed by maximum 35%.
- Agility will increase your running speed by maximum 50%.
- Intellect will decrease casting time by maximum 30%
- Ring of Immense Power and Warrior's Blessing have been changed, you can now buy more rings, with different type of stats to satisfy different kind of builds.
- It is now possible to add items with sell price 0, meaning FREE.
- Weapons now have an extended set of flags, so we can define different behaviors for different weapon types.
- Armor & Weapons can now increase or decrease your total focus value.
- Food items will now have a short cooldown when consumed.
- Spells now have a much more concrete layout, allowing for more variety.
- Added support for pure junk inventory items.
New Items, NPCs, Quests & Spells
- Added 2 2H weapons, blunt weapons, with new animations!
- Added 3 1H weapons.
- Added 2 gloves.
- Added 4+ helms.
- Added 1 chestguard.
- Added 2 bows.
- Added 10+ shields (not all are obtainable yet, 7 are obtainable now!)
- Added 3 rings.
- Added a new necklace.
- Added 6 new awesome spells, proper tanking spells are amongst them.
- Added 5 new quests for the new dungeon map! Get crackin, folks!
- Added 10 new NPCs.
- + Various misc items...
- Optimized the game folder, it should now be roughly around 3GB! (the dedicated server is less than 700MB)
- Game should boot & load faster!
2018-04-21 : Patch 126.96.36.199 Hotfix 1
- Optimized glow outline effect.
- Optimized 3D info HUD.
- Fixed a crash related to the glow effect.
- NPCs can no longer be interrupted when they are returning to spawn, previously they would just stop moving if they were blocked.
- Fixed health and focus regen issues, NPCs should no longer regen super fast when leaving combat.
- Changed the default keybind for toggling walking to keypad minus, to prevent random walk enable when you alt+tab out of the game, write exec config_default in the console to enforce the new config + keybinds.
- Nerfed knockback, especially in PvP.
- Added knockback support for spells, Arcane Blast will now knock enemies away.
- Fixed thirdperson camera, it is now slightly smoother and updates faster, prevents clipping through walls.
- Thirdperson camera will now be properly reset on connection.
GUI & HUD
- 2D info HUD should now center-align properly on smaller and larger resolutions.
- Fixed a rare bug which would make the action HUD position at the far left corner instead of in the middle.
2018-04-15 : Patch 188.8.131.52
- Major optimization for client & server, reduced costly code, improved expensive code. Data can be retrieved even faster, clients should expect decent FPS boosts, especially on a low end system.
- Increased NPC chase distance by 50%.
- Walking can now be toggled.
- When entering a server with dead players they should no longer go T-pose.
- Weapons will no longer have their angle or position prematurely updated while drawing or holstering.
- Fixed a bug which would allow the player to execute another spell based attack while currently doing a spell based attack, this would break the current attack.
- Improved melee accuracy slightly.
GUI & HUD
- Fixed a bug which would render group members in the wrong position in the minimap if they left your PVS.
- Fixed a potential bug which would allow the player to track the same quest twice.
- The 2D info view HUD should be more consistent and less laggy.
- Increased movement speed while casting spells, speed will now be reduced by 25% instead of 50%.
- Movement speed will be increased by 0.098% per point of Agility
- Attack speed will be increased by 0.165% per point of Agility.
- All melee attack speeds have been tweaked, no weapons should be slower than 1.1 currently.
2018-03-27 : Patch 184.108.40.206
- Fixed issues related to the new thread safety logic, players should no longer experience brief lag spikes.
- Corpses will now ignore +use if there is no loots available, this will ensure that no loot issues will occur if corpses pile up.
- Added trigger_pvp_zone which can be used to mark an area as a PvP zone or safe zone, in PvP only servers/maps safe zones can be used to create certain non-PvP areas. While PVE servers may have some PvP forced areas. Whenever you enter a PvP zone the minimap zone text will be rendered in red.
- Increased idle distance and decreased idle check time.
- Voice will be fully disabled for players further than 1000 units from the local player, group members will not be affected.
- Added many fixes to the thirdperson camera, proper collision handling, smoother transitioning, over the shoulder support, check advanced options for setting up your preferred camera style.
- Crosshair is now 100% accurate, spells will actually 'follow' the crosshair position now.
- +use'ing stuff is now more responsive and easier in general, now that the crosshair has been fixed.
- Added camera free rotation mode, press and hold MOUSE4 by default to enable this mode, while this mode is active you can rotate freely around your character.
- Added attack speed functionality, increased Agility skill will increase your attack speed.
- You can now do magic spells with any weapon active, your weapons will be holstered and re-drawn when the spell has successfully been casted.
- You can now move and jump while activating spells, however your movement speed will be reduced by 50% while casting.
- Weapon entities should update their position and angles more frequently.
- You can now cancel a spell by re-activating the same spell or another spell, clicking another spell will trigger that spell instead.
- Added remaining ranged weapon logic, however no ranged weapons are available yet!
- Fixed a bug which would occur when you tried to holster ranged weapons.
GUI & HUD
- Added NPC dialogue which will be printed in the chat, example:
- Closecaptions, npc dialogue & subtitles will always be shown when in a dungeon or battleground. If you're in a world map it will be distance based.
- Altered attack speed for all weapons.
- Adjusted the attack speed gained by Agility, you will now increase attack speed by 0.15% per point.
- Adjusted the movement speed gained by Agility, you will now increase movement speed by 0.275% per point.
- Adjusted the movement speed lost due to Armor, movement speed will be decreased by 0.085% per point of armor.
- Increased default focus regeneration rate by 0.25.
- Reduced default focus regeneration rate penalty wait time by 0.5 sec.
- Fixed multiple typos in the localization file.
2018-03-18 : Patch 220.127.116.11
- All non dungeon gameservers will be restarted at a certain time during the day, by default everyday at 4 am, to battle the VAR (lag) issues due to high uptime.
- Added proper thread safety for server and client. This should fix the rare crashes that have been reported.
- Patrolling NPCs will no longer bug up when you engage them, Smuggler Legionnaire would randomly run back to the initial patrol point if he was too far away from it when engaged.
- Added a simple magic lock-on algorithm for improved hit detection with magic spells, this is a temporary solution to the bugged crosshair angles.
- Fixed PvP with melee weapons.
- Voice proximity will be disabled between group members.
- Fixed a major bug in the group system, if the group leader left the group, the group would break.
- Updated max playerID value in infestus_selected_player/last_player cvars.
- Fixed miss calculated equip stats on connection, level-up + weapon stats were omitted.
- Equipped items will now be verified on connection.
- Fixed multiple issues in the item slot system, you could potentially lose items due to some messy code and queries.
GUI & HUD
- Quest tracker & notifier has been optimized.
- Interaction panel quest item overlay will no longer 'flicker'.
- Bosses will no longer render their level.
- Spell action bar is more responsive.
- Finished quests will be rendered in green, both in the quest log and in the interaction panel quest items list.
- Minimizing quest categories will no longer bug up.
- If you are in a group, the group leader will be rendered in yellow text @ name.
- Increased the respawn time for several quest items.
- Felix's first quest will no longer give any rewards.
- You can now sell the starter weapon pluss a bunch of other items.
- Most of the equipable items can now be traded, not all quest reward items can be traded though.
- Increased XP gained from Young Wolves by 10.
2018-03-03 : Patch 18.104.22.168
Disclaimer: Due to the complexity of this patch and the amount of rebalancing, all characters have been nerfed a little, any level above 15 has been clamped to 15, if you had more than 8000 coins your money have been clamped to 8000.
- Added Linux & OSX client support! (Linux server support is in the works!!!)
- Major client & server performance fixes & improvements. Reduced total networking by +40%!
- Changed default tickrate from 66 to 30.
- Added trading, player interaction, level-up panel & more!
- Added cl_debug_raknet and sv_debug_raknet, use these to receive messages regarding data received, handled, etc.
- Added an all new way for handling hit reg + lag compensation, no more expensive lag comp + jittering! Hit detection is much better for players & npcs!
- Updated & optimized the entire database structure.
- Fixed missing spell ID link when doing melee, ranged & magic attacks. The damageinfo wouldn't know which spell was used.
- Fixed a bug which would make radius based damage spells ignore other players and even enemies.
- Weapons will now spawn proper decal traces when hitting world / static stuff.
- Added missing lag compensation when casting instant spells or aquiring a target to attack / heal.
- Armor will no longer reduce damage taken if you took magic damage.
- Resistance values will now reduce the damage taken for certain magic schools.
- Spell object will now damage/heal properly if it has no creator. (level design placement)
- Spell object will now dispatch damage / heal text properly if the spell has no creator.
- Fixed a crash in the spell_object entity which would occur if the owner of the spell_object suddenly disconnected.
- Fixed spell object not healing teammates.
- item_object's will no longer cast shadows.
- Spell projectiles will only cast shadows if they're ranged projectiles. (arrows)
- Decals should no longer stick on to spell_object, arrow_projectile, spell_projectile and npc_static entities.
- Corpse objects and static npcs will no longer do expensive animation calls when dormant.
- Corpse objects will no longer lose their glow when you reconnect to the game. (if they 'belong' to you)
- Optimized client animation state for npc_static and corpseobject.
- Added prop_dynamic_simple, this is a lightweight, client based animatable entity which should be used instead of prop_dynamic when possible.
- Added resistance attributes for npcs, removed other base stats like Stamina, Strength, etc for now.
- Monsters can now stay put.
- Combatants & Monsters can now patrol properly! You can setup a simple patrol route using path_corners.
- Fixed a crash which would occur if you tried to fetch reputation info on the server for two players and check if they had certain affiliated reputations.
- Added /promote, you can now promote someone else in your group to become the new group leader.
- You can now /inv, /tell, /kick and /promote in all chat channels except for the whisper channel.
- Added new techniques for calculating the XP needed for a certain lvl, uses simple formulas, the formulas get more complex every 10 lvl.
- You will no longer receive XP when doing low lvl quests, if your lvl is greater than the max quest lvl range.
- Added support for simple testing bots, mostly for profiling work.
- Added the drown bar HUD which indicates how much breath you have, when the bar is empty you will start to take dmg, also
added threshold values for max breath + damage from drowning.
- No more fade to black when dying due to fall damage.
- You can no longer update/use/equip items while dead.
- Optimized various usermessages.
- Added proper keybinds for zoom in/out @ thirdperson camera.
- Players will now glow when you look at them.
GUI & HUD
- When reloading client data, all GUI panels and HUD will be refreshed so that the new data pointers will be loaded!
- Item tooltip are now rendered much faster.
- Added missing nav progress UI resource file!
- You will no longer render 3D icons like quest indication icons if you're too far away from the source position.
- Fixed Z position for the actual 3D entity info names and quest icons to use a position vector based on the original position +
an offset * vecUP direction instead of just adding it directly to the Z component.
- Minimap icons will now render even if the npc_static is dormant.
- Added the quick use item selection HUD! Which allows you to quickly select and use a potion / eat some food. (TAB by default)
- Fixed control sizes @ notification panel for adding friends.
- Fixed slow loading screen code.
- Added a level-up panel which allows the player to choose how much points to spend in Stamina, Agility, Strength & Intellect! You will receive 4 points per level, you can easily reset your points but it will cost money!
- Added the player interaction panel! Simply +use any player to display the menu, it will allow the player to message, invite, inspect or trade with another player.
- Updated the notification panel GUI and scrollbar GUI.
- Fixed a minor bug which would occur when you closed some VGUI panels, the chat would fade in and out quickly.
- You should no longer be able to accidently open up two VGUI menus at the same time if you somehow pressed two buttons at the same time, ex C and P, etc..
- Item tooltips should no longer render outside the screen if ypos < 0.
- Increased quest log description font size.
- You can now scroll to the top and bottom @ combat log. (check keyboard options for the bindings)
- The notification panel will now properly send a cancel command when being closed by another panel.
- The Social System GUI will no longer reset the who list whenever it tries to be refreshed.
- Updated the item list height @ Social Panel when searching for other users.
- The social system 'Who list' will no longer add duplicates, also fixed a minor memory leak.
- The 'Who list' search keyword can not be longer than 30 characters!
- The minimap will now render a money icon + the money left, instead of having it as a simple string only.
Sound & Music
- Music data can now be retrieved faster.
- Reloading client data will now finally reload music data as well.
- FMOD will now be muted if the game is paused or if the game window is inactive while snd_mute_losefocus is set to 1.
- Added a new quest, you can pick it up from Commander Felix if you've completed the first smuggler quests.
- Added a new powerful smuggler npc, the npc will patrol around the encampment.
- Added a new npc outside the graveyard catacombs, preparations have started, soon the catacombs will be opened!
- Fixed occluder issues, sometimes wolves would disappear when walking too near the occluders.
- Replaced some areaportal windows with regular areaportals.
- You will no longer have to complete the two starter quests (speak with Rorin + meet up with Felix) in order to pick up other quests, you will now initially start with a simple weapon and be able to pick up any
available quests from the start!
- Reduced the sell value for multiple items.
2017-11-20 : Patch 22.214.171.124
- Major optimization for master, client & server, slow algorithms have been improved greatly.
- All data can now be retrieved super fast, improving the average speed of the game itself.
- ALL VGUI components will now scale 100% perfect when you change resolution!
- Weapon hit detection is now SUPERB, for both players & npcs. Improved melee accuracy!
- Certain items will no longer be precached if they are not present in the map, for example quest items.
- No more precaching of npcs which are not present in the specified map.
- If an NPC is chasing you and you are much further above (Z) the npc, and not visible, then the npc will leave combat and return to spawn.
- The VGUI panels will no longer lag the game, cached all image icons to prevent too much load when opening certain VGUI menus.
- You can now remove spells from the action bar! (by right clicking the spell you want to remove from the bar, spell panel must be open for this to work)
- Fixed VGUI issues like cropped text in merchant window, cropped text in spell panel, if you opened some of the panels fast and closed them fast, wrong fonts would be shown.
- 3D Model panel will now render weapons @ the right attachments instead of auto bonemerge.
- Fixed tooltips for Character Stats and Character Reputation disappearing if you opened the Reputation tab and hovered over a reputation item and then went back to the Stats tab, this prevented the stats from rendering tooltips.
- The notification panel can now be properly closed by pressing ESC, previously it would not add the mainmenu prevention when it re-opened friends or character panel.
- Fixed a bad bug which would occur when looking for available inventory slot(s), in some cases when you looked for a slot you could
pick the same slot twice, and add an item 'above' an existing item.
- The Avatar model HUD will now update properly when you change equipment.
- Moved the quest tracking HUD a bit more to the left, to line up with the minimap.
- Fixed a potential bug which would occur when playerID > greater than 16 bits. (playerID & groupID is now 21 bits instead)
- Rewrote the weapon logic, all hit detection related stuff is done on the server, the model only exists on the client! (for players and npcs)
also saved network edicts, + server load, due to the fact that the weapons followed the entity on the client + server...
- Fixed some issues related to dual wielding.
- You can now set model scale for NPC @ npc scripts.
- NPC loot drop percentages are now represented as float, which is convenient for items with a super low percentage.
- Fixed a bug which would occur in dungeons if Steam didn't load properly, the dungeon would report to the master before connecting to the master.
- Added player deletion group handling, if the deleted player were in a group, announce and handle this properly.
- Added name character limit, people shouldn't be allowed to have extremely long names! (limited to 16 characters)
- Added a simple combat log HUD which displays damage taken, damage dealt, healing, etc... (check keyboard bindings for scrolling up & down)
- Added simple death punishment, from now on you will lose 10% of your money when dying.
- Added a new spell entity : spell_object which is a spell that spawns on the ground and renders a fancy texture effect
on the ground, anyone who enters this volume (bounds) will be affected by this spell.
- NPCs can now flee properly, added proper NavMesh support.
- Fixed faulty networked variables, some sent too few / many bits.
- Added support for PvP when PvP mode is enabled! (group up to prevent friendly fire...)
- Updated the drop rate for some items, the cost/sell values for food and other valuable items.
- Improved local devmode functionality.
2017-10-01 : Patch 126.96.36.199
- Guards will no longer try to flee when at low health.
- Changed cooldown rendering to be more obvious.
- Fixed fake loading screen for dungeon system, the fake loading screen is opened while waiting for the dungeon to
- Fixed reputation bugs, if you reached max rep it would reset back from 0 next time you received rep. Also, getting
negative rep while at max rep wouldn't have changed your rep value.
- No more health regen while taking poison, drown & fall damage.
- Vital data will now save every 60 sec, previously your vital data such as XP needed/current, level, etc would only
save when you disconnected. Now, if the server crashed that wouldn't happen = lost data!
- Added proper crash handling for dungeon and world servers, players will not be left online forever if they don't
reconnect to the game after being dropped from a crashed server.
- Fixed a bug which would set everyone to 'offline' in the database whenever the master restarted. (when crashed)
- Optimized data sent & received via master app.
2017-09-14 : Patch 188.8.131.52 Hotfix 2
- Fixed a major bug which would reset your client data and cause packet loss when connecting with your selected character.
- You can no longer +use spam on doors, each +use will create a 2 second penalty.
- Added new voice communication icons.
- A voice icon will now be rendered for the local player as well, whenever the local player is communicating via voice.
2017-09-10 : Patch 184.108.40.206 Hotfix 1
- Fixed a crash issue related to data received for both client & server.
- Fixed issues related to item tooltips not refreshing when moving items, swapping items, etc...
2017-09-10 : Patch 220.127.116.11
- If you have the required items for a quest you just picked up, those objectives will now be progressed right away.
- Optimized various calls to remove and add @ inventory items.
- Handing in a quest will now remove all related quest items, regardless if they're in your bank or not.
- Fixed issues which would make incoming packets handled in an anti-queue manner.
- If you have multiple quests which require the same item, handing in one of those quests will remove all of the desired
item(s), and remove progress from other quests who also needed these items.
- If a quest has no rewards or objectives, these parts will no longer be rendered.
- When a player takes damage, health regen will be delayed for 750 msec.
- Dungeon system has been fully reworked, and will be introduced in the next patch, most likely!
- Increased quest description font size + changed the font itself.
- Changed quest reward info font and font size as well.
- Fixed an issue in the quest panel where the reward text would clip with other text.
- The action bars will now draw the keybind instead of numbers between 1-8, the action bars are tied to slot1-slot8.
- Mayor Rorin's 3D model position @ 2D info panel has been fixed.
- Fixed issues related to gameservers not fully reconnecting to the master server during connection issues.
- Optimized the master server app, fixed bogus addressing.
- Nerfed the two handed swords found in Capital Outskirts.
- Nerfed the one handed maces found in Capital Outskirts.
- Reduced sell price of food consumeables.
- Added missing quantity for food items, when you purchase food you'll purchase it in quantities of 5 instead of 1.
- Added some clips to prevent players from getting stuck.
- Added an npc clip at the house near the bandit camp to prevent the npcs from getting stuck on the stairs.
- Added clip @ stairs so that walking on stairs won't make you jitter.
- Removed unnecessary entities.
- Made some changes to the optimization in the map, the networking traffic has been lowered by 50%+!
- Removed unnecessary entities.
- Made some changes to the optimization in the map, the networking traffic has been lowered by 50%+!
2017-08-27 : Patch 18.104.22.168
- Fixed some typos in the scripts.
- All scripts can now be reloaded on the server & client.
- Friend items will no longer show N/A when friends go offline.
- Added logic_bank_handler, which handles bank access stuff.
- Added logic_changelevel which can be used to trigger changelevel through npc interaction for example.
- Added the last pieces of the banking system.
- Added tooltip info for reputation entries. Now you can read helpful information about your reputations!
- HP and focus will be restored on level-up.
- Fixed armor not following the owner properly when the owner went out of the local player's PVS, also added missing
skin and bodygroup support.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to pick up more item_objects than the quest required, for quests which had multiple
objectives. Example: You could pick up
6 pumpkins, when you only needed 5.
- NPCs HP regen will be delayed for 0.5 sec when not in combat and taking damage, sometimes if you attacked an NPC
and the NPC didn't see you at first,
the npc would regen the HP lost.
- Fixed a bug which made the spellcast bar display the wrong cast time.
- Fixed bad memory bug @ server, npc auto respawning logic.
- You will now know if you're sending a message to the Global, Local or Party chat channel.
- Projectile based spells will now take your spell power into account when computing the damage.
- Projectile spells and arrows will no longer bounce, they will also auto remove when hitting any solid object.
- Projectile spells and arrows will now automatically increase gravity affection when travelling further than the effective
- If you're in a group, and someone in your group has a quest which requires a certain item which drops from certain
NPCs, only those people with the quest will be able to loot these items!
- A confirmation window will now appear when you try to delete one of your users.
- Delay items will no longer be lost when a gameserver restarts or when a dungeon is created.
- NPCs further away than 800 units from the attacker (player), will no longer be lagcompensated.
- Quest reward logic has been simplified, you will now be properly notified if you are to choose or receive all of
the rewards for a certain quest.
- Fixed a major issue related to the master server, if it crashed, gameserver would not reconnect to the newly restarted
- Fixed player minimap icons being super tiny.
- Added minimap icons for merchants, bankers, quests available and quest handin, so that players can get proper hints!
You can disable these minimap icons by setting: overview_hinticons to 0!
- Various client performance improvements.
2017-08-17 : Infestus Beta 1
Infestus Beta 1 has been released!